Saturday, November 2, 2013

Why I chose schroth

As I searched the internet looking for alternative treatments, I became more and more discouraged.
There is not a lot of promising success stories for adult scoliosis

I stumbled on the schroth method - started in Germany in the 20's.  " The Schroth Method is a physiotherapeutic treatment system which uses isometric and other exercises to strengthen or lengthen asymmetrical muscles in a scoliotic body. Its goals are to halt progression of abnormal spinal curvature, and in the best case to reverse the curves."

Something about this made sense to me.  The idea of lengthening and stretching your spine sounded like it would help (at least alleviate the pain)

The amazing thing was that here was a certified physical therapist 15 minutes away from me.  I took this as a sign





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so we can all help each other !