Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mental health appointment

My next appointment with Gail (after meeting with surgeon)

I told her that the whole appointment should just be a mental health visit.  She was great.  She said she works with people with 90 degree curves that have never had surgery
She reminded me of why I chose to go with schroth.  Reduce pain and HOLD curve

We talked about the lack of studies, the lack of treatments, and the lack of knowledge in USA in regard to scoliosis

I am still in shock that not much has changed since the seventies treatments. In fact I feel that it has gone slightly backwards. Back in the seventies I was given excercises to do when I was out of the brace. I remember hanging from a bar in my bedroom, and doing assymetrical excercises with cans of food.   With my daughter no excercises were give.   They were done away with (wrongfully so in my opinion)


Gail had just returned from a schroth training over the weekend. There were patients in all age brackets 20's, 30's, 40's and up

One girl in her 30's with a 47 & 47 degree curve was told by her doctor that she may not be able to have kids!!!  Everyone in the room assured her that wasn't true and it brought tears to her eyes!

I left with new hope and resolve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so we can all help each other !