Saturday, November 2, 2013

The new x-ray

Gail (my schroth teacher) recommended that I be followed by a spine doctor

It was the last thing that I wanted to do !  I bit the bullet and made the appointment (after 2 gentle reminders from Gail)
They gave me a slip for an X-ray

The day I went for the X-ray was horrible.  I had flashbacks to being a kid in those X-ray rooms, knowing the outcome would determine whether I would remain in a brace or be allowed out

I sucked it up and went in.  I made one critical mistake....I happened to walk by the room where my X-ray was on a screen.  OMG. Not good.

As the technician handed me my X-ray. He said "good luck" in a somber voice

Well, I was in a panic.  I grabbed my X-ray and ran back to my physical therapist. I may have been a little over reactive!  I sat in the waiting room and asked to speak to Gail for a few minutes .
She finally came out and took a look at the X-ray with me

She was so calm and said "we knew it was like this" "you are actually more stacked/balanced than we thought" I left with an assurance that the black shadow was just bowels!  

I dropped the X-ray off with the spine doctor.  The receptionist told me could just bring it with me on my appointment., but I insisted she take it so that I wouldn't have to look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so we can all help each other !