Saturday, November 2, 2013

1st visit - hope

I'll admit, I was scared!  I had successfully avoided doctors, X-rays, measurements since I was a teenager.

I met Gail!  She began right away....correcting the way I sat in the chair, the way I stood, the way I laid down.  Finally someone could show me how to hold my body.  I had given up on ever knowing which way was helpful or harmful (with an s curve it is nearly impossible to visualize)

She performed a series of measurements, and we began

Because I am 49 - she said we would take it slow.  We started with some simple excercises that I would do at home

She told me that although it would be unlikely that we could correct my spine, our goals would be to relieve the pain and halt the curve from getting worse

I left with hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so we can all help each other !